Are you the parent of a new-born? Do you want to know what you can do to make your baby's life better? Massage is a simple pleasure that soothes and relaxes, and research has shown that it is great for babies too! Yes, baby massages can help a baby grow better and behave better. The touching involved in the massage improves the communication between the parent and the baby by facilitating one-on-one communication without using any words.
Babies love being touched. In fact, it is very essential to them. It is an important part of their growth and development. And it is a simple and healthy way to keep the baby calm.
Benefits of Massaging Your Baby
Massage is great for your baby and it has multiple benefits -
- Helps it Breathe More Evenly - On many occasions, infants have irregular breathing patterns and massage can help in this regard
- Stimulate Growth-Promoting Hormones - Babies like to be touched and babies that are touched a lot grow healthy. Massaging the baby is a great way to help your baby's growth.
- Build its Brain - There are studies which show that greater touch results in greater neurological development. As the brain grows the fastest in the first year, it is the best time to give the baby massages.
- Boost its Immunity - A study reveals that babies whose backs were massaged by their massages experienced fewer instances of infection like cold. On the other hand, lack of touch can affect the baby's immune system negatively.
- Relieve stress - A baby that is stressed tends to cry. Infant massage can greatly decrease stress in babies by reducing the levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
When you are going to massage your baby, choose a comfortable place in the house and get rid of any possible distractions. Cover the baby in edible oil and rub gently. While massaging the baby, try to look into its eyes and speak to it softly. Regular massages will assist in the baby's growth, not just physically but mentally and emotionally as well.
Read about infant massages, learn how to give your baby a great message and you will be holding a happy, lively and healthy baby in your hands!